Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

"Congratulations!" Flabbergasted and flattered, and having forgotten that I was at Virginia Bride magazine’s 3rd Annual Greater Virginia Bridal Show, I smiled with giddy excitement. Did I win something? They checked my left hand, their smile fades.

"So--mmm, when's the lucky day?" they ask.

"Uhhh."

"Haven't planned it yet?"

"Well, uh, you could say that!" Laughing and throwing my head back with wild abandon, I try in vain to to play it off. They haven't given up.

"So is this pre-engagement? You're getting started early?”

"Yes, yes--early.  Very VERY early. Ha."  As their brow wrinkles with genuine concern, I could almost read their minds: ANOTHER basket case. Planning the entire wedding on her own before she even has a fiancée. Or I suppose they think something else could be wrong. Not a good look, either way.  By the third time, I had to explain myself:

"I'm a fashion blogger.”

"Oooh? Ok!" The smile returns. "So would you like to take some pictures?" Of course!


Ah, the runway! My second home! Unfortunately, scheduling did not permit me to stay until the crowning moment of the afternoon, the fashion show. So I did what any girl in my situation would do, I stalked backstage.

The dresses lay about in purposeful stacks. From my experience in fashion shows, each stack was probably in order of appearance, per model. From the estimate, the 5-10 models had pretty quick costume changes. Chantilly Lace of Blacksburg, Virginia,who furnished the bridal attire graciously allowed me to visit backstage.


"So who are you reporting for?"

"I have my own fashion blog. I model as well."

"Well let's keep in touch" Yes, yes let's!

Another wonderful highlight of my day was witnessing the brilliance of modern floral arrangements. Some of the flowers upstaged the others, at the same table! Check out this arrangement:


Lilies embellished with rhinestones as featured by the florists of Best Wishes located on Prices Fork Road in Blacksburg, Virginia. Do check them out! : )



One of the hightlights of my day was this contraption, the Body Magic corset, seen below:




"It slims you down!" Go on, go on. 

"After wearing it only 6-8 hours a day you go from this" she pointed emphatically to a picture of a sadly misshapen mid forties blob. "To this!" A trim abdomen. I glanced down. Yep, I'm good. Daily gym visits are keeping me in check, fortunately.


Sadly, my day day came to a close with only having spent sixty minutes at the expo. However, the promise of the coming Saturday’s Fashion show hangs in the balance. Here are some of the vendors that graciously allowed me to feature them:


 
Ponytail Pearls of Roanoke Virginia ! For your wrist as well as your hair! A hair accessory with flair! Like any other hair elastic, it transfers from your wrist to your hair, but is guaranteed not to snap under pressure! I need one!
 

Also, a recent addition to their collection! Hoops and pearls, too cute!

   

Chantilly Lace of Blacksburg, VA who also outfitted the fashion show! Tres Chic! : ) 



More from Chantilly Lace! 

"Yes, of course I will visit! I always need something sparkly!
 

Here's a place setting from  Blacksburg's Best Wishes Flowers and Gifts. Loving the verdant theme! 




More from Best Wishes!
Hrm, this makes me want to have a party STAT! Love it!



Until later, much love!
<3 SF


For more information on the vendors listed above, visit:

Chantilly Lace: Chantilly Lace Bridals, Formals & Tuxedos

Ponytail Pearls: Ponytail Pearls  *They've recently incorporated hoop earrings into their collection!

Best Wishes: Best Wishes Flowers & Gifts