Monday, February 1, 2010

Style, WHERE ARE YOU?

As promised, SF is on the lookout for stylish College students. Poised with a camera everywhere I go, I've only managed to find one student worthy of posting to my blog! (So far!)


ABP in Squires is the place to see and be seen. And of course, that's where I grab my daily fare. This young woman, as I stalked her she was very compliant with my request. As well put-together as her ensemble is, I do have a few critiques for her. 

In the year of fashion where "everything goes" her style nods to the recurring trends of the past decade. Pastels/ brights/metalics are certainly on target and her coat borders on a mustard-esque trend recently seen on this winter's catwalk. The cut nods to the current military trend. However, her sleeves are a bit too long for my liking, or it could be the oxford?
The oxford, which is white and pink striped, and possibly Polo Ralph Lauren, complements the mustard coat which stands alone but brings energy to the plain oxford look. 
Visually the contrast is not as jarring because the white shoes to a magnificent job of  standing alone themselves. If I were any further north, the fact that her shoes are white (after labor day) would be  just cause for her to not even make it to my blog. However, her daring and well executed style choice are to be applauded. 

The color of her chocolate khakis, in the brown family, are certainly an indication of last fall's trends. 

She could have done well with a metallic silver purse or something in the family of pink that borders in between neon and rose-petal pink. Fuchsia would be too aggressive though. 

We'll see what this week holds! 

Until the next posting, much love,

<3SF