Saturday, February 13, 2010

Style Challenge, Day Three!

So here it is, in all it's glory, the final day!

As a true pageant girl at heart, I have to admit that I do own a sequin embellished t-shirt! I wouldn't have it any other way! It's somewhat reminiscent of the sequin dresses that were popping up in mall stores everywhere a couple months ago for the holidays.  As for the jeans and the biker jacket: I tried to give the nightwear- esque shirt an edge that was suitable for daywear. As for my bag, I could have done better with it, perhaps a smaller/solid tone bag would have done the trick. But, form over function in this case, I had a few books for class and a laptop in-hand.

* Style note: Do try to wear distressed jeans tastefully, we really don't want to see your thighs unless you are wearing shorts! I paired my sparkly tights to add to the bling vibe! These days you can never have too much bling!

Check out celeb Taylor Jacobson with a similar look:

 


1. Juicy Couture Cotton Blend Tunic 
2. Marc Jacobs Flash Quilted Ponyskin Bag 
3. Acne Her Cross Ripped Boyfriend Jeans 


And for the closing of Style Challenge Denim Week. I do have some remarks. In my quest for clothing that fit the parameters of the challenge at hand, I asked myself, how is it that young people wear jeans everyday? I've been asked on occasion how I survive without wearing jeans everyday. Well, as my dearest icon , Audrey Hepburn once noted that 
"...the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears..."
Your clothes do not confine you, rather they help to define you! With that in mind, we must always strive to look and feel our best. If we feel our best in a pair of jeans and a tshirt, then by all means, grace us with your loveliness. If, in the case you happen to feel as I do at home in skirts, blouses and embellished buttons, then go for it! Style is an outward manifestation of the inner self. Tell the world who you are, without uttering a word. Command attention in whatever you wear. After all it's who you are that counts, not what you wear.

And a shoutout to Alexander McQueen! You will be greatly missed!

Much love,

<3 SF