Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello, Kitty!

Hello Kitty has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember, ok more like 2nd grade. I fell in love with the smartly accessorized feline since then and could only find the Japanese manufactured items in small Asian* boutiques. Rather, to be more specific, Korean, Japanese and Chinese specialty stores. I suppose this negates the necessity of my footnote? And also in F.A.O. Schwartz, which has since folded with the Zainy Brainy buyout [another childhood favorite of mine].


But I digress.

So now, as I progressed into middle school, I began to see Hello Kitty everywhere, including Target. I was distraught. And then I looked and Hello Kitty had pimped herself out to subject herself to be made in China.

No offense to the Chinese, but Hello Kitty is made in Japan. Sanrio belongs in Japan, so does Hello Kitty. But I am a fan of importing. However, a good byproduct of this was Hello Kitty at Sephora this past couple months. My dorm, which has since been made over has been gently accessorized with parts of the line:



So thank you Sanrio, for pimping Hello Kitty out to Sephora. Yum, yum, yum.

Much love,
<3 SF

*I make reference to the culture that hails from the furthest east of the Eastern hemisphere with the utmost respect and reverence. I have longed for political correctness and have grown up referencing individuals that hail from this region as "Oriental". Rug please? I've recently heard this is politically incorrect. So bear with me, as I navigate the modernity of political correctness, which by its very definition is bent on categorization for social convenience.