Tuesday, February 8, 2011

THINGS I LOVE#6, 7 & 8

Hey peeps my immune system died for a bit. Is it still dead? Not sure. It may be partially due to the fact that I can't stand coats. Too encumbering. Let's not pander about in the past and enjoy the next three favorite things of mine:

#6: Hats. No my friends, I'm not 65 or perpetually at a derby race, but let's just say I have an affinity for hats, which makes my standing as the Southern Fashionista all that more valid. It was especially helpful when I went to Panama City, Panama last fall.



#7 Dresses with pockets: the ultimate oxymoron. Yes my friends, growing up I needed those pockets in my dresses. My shoes had to suffice as an ample replacement for those often encountered instances where I'd leave my purse with mum for safekeeping. But yes, I was a tomboy, rolling in the mud, picking up small pebbles and loose change for the non liner collection of items in a small Hello Kitty tin that held random awards and mementos that signify my childhood in some abstract way. But now, as a post-20something, dresses with pockets are the purse's biggest rival. Well, not really.




#8 Audrey Hepburn: how much do I love you? Best movie of hers is Funny face, where a young bookworm is transformed from a homely shut-in into a Richard Avendon worthy fashion icon. Bu then again Audrey was an icon in real life within her own right. Breakfast at Tiffany's is another favorite. Holly Golightly is an unassuming call girl that won't accept anything less than the best and plans to marry a Spanish dignitary who abandons her in the midst of a media circus that may damage his reputation by association. I would like to think that Audrey was the same in real life as she was on the Silver Screen. Either way, she was a fashion icon to be reckoned with, despite her relatively small film career, has withstood the test of time as a pop icon.

 

Hope ya love what I love!

Much love,
<3 SF