Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Went Outside Without Pants On


Photo Credit: http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/specials/yearend/style/gaga/lady-gaga-1-290.jpg

Shock value.Like this lady, I thrive on it...occasionally. But I should venture to explain myself. In times of desperate slothfulness, midnight adventures to the library or in between photo shoots, I resort to wearing:



Wait for it,




Suspense…



Keep scrolling…


















LEGGINGS! Which. Are….NOT PANTS. For all those that remember, there was a “No Pants VT” website which actually catalogued the young women on campus who ventured to commit this fashion fau pas. And I am not here to pick up her (or his) slack, but wish to celebrate successful  implementation of leggings in a stylish wardrobe.

To preview the rest of this post, I would venture to explain that leggigns can be worn not just as workout gear and there are some hard and fast rules that you CANNOT VIOLATE:

1. Please DO NOT wear a top that does not stop above your thighs…yikes. I myself may have badonkadonk thighs, so I keep their exposure at a minimum. Your ass-ets may not always need to be seen. Imagination is key.
2. Well, I mean that’s really the only rule I have…

And this is the ultimate NO. Tights as pants:


Photo Credit: http://kagehime.wordpress.com/2009/04/06/

Without further ado, I give you the chicest leggings of all time...well, ok


The girl in the middle...H&M leggings, circa 2008. I'm a fan of them. Here are some you can find now with a  similar vibe: 


H&M website! It also comes in Beige...but I'm not a fan for $49.95! Not bad.





Count on Rihanna to BRING IT! And Nikki Minaj is one of the plus size women I can count on to violate expectations in an...interesting way! 




Again, H&M circa fall 2008 with liquid leggings! I also pair this with a gold biker jacket. So. Much. Yum. 

Here's a similar find for now: 



It's a Polyvore creation! Tor purcahse said items. follow this link: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?.svc=twitter&id=42082183

Also, I'm a fan of this look, trying to figure out how to pull it off:





So, that is my deal! Next up, trends for 2012! And what dsigners are coming to H&M, Target, and other local brands! SO PUMPED!

Anywho, much love till soon,
Soufa <3