Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Style Sightings: Wow SF, Where the HECK Have You been?

Exams...ok, that's all I have to say. Break is fast approaching, so hope for some more updates over break! Fabuloso !

Much love,

<3 SF


"Can I borrow that dress next week?" 
"Um, sure?" 
"Good, now I need a picture with you!" 
I mean, what else could she say, we're sorority sisters! (Well, ok. She COULD have said no, but she's nice.) But this dress is actually borrowable material, I'm a sucker for shift dresses with a twist. Let's just say that this dress has to be imported from Thailand. I know, I died a little on the inside, but at least I can borrow it! :)

As it gets colder, mastering the art of scarf  is essential, and this chic has it down. These elements may not be represented the best in this photo together, but the spectator shoes, jeans and suit jacket I'm defiantly a fan of!




Layering is a resounding YES!


She looks nice and toasty! :) 



For some reason, this outfit reminds me of Blair Waldorf? Yes! Perhaps because of the precariously perched beanie and bold houndstooth print.


This ensemble carefully violates our expectations. In most cases, we expect the shirt to stand out as the white item here however, the skirt stays as a nice violation to that expectation. Note the length of her boots as related to her skirt, neither are too close to her knees, which would be a heartbreaking no, no. Why? Because the further the lines in your outfit are form each other, the taller you look, that's why I normally wear platform heels with mini skirts. I'm only 5'7", but it gives me the illusion of supermodel height (5'9"/5'11"ish).


Oh hey there, it's snowing! Check out those boots! My favorite, because they simulate a riding boot as well as function as wellies. Yum!


Check this outfit out, I've paired a structured jacked with a conformity breaking skirt. In this case the jacket is unconventional as well, but the structure paired with the fluffy skirt adds a playful look to an otherwise straight laced look. This jacket, courtesy of White House Black Market, was originally paired with a pencil skirt and shoes of the same pattern. However, I switched out the shoes for my sequin pumps (fave) and "tutu" skirt, courtesy of my favorite Forever 21. Sorry ladies, most of these items are over 2 years old!