Monday, May 10, 2010

Surviving Exams 101

Okay, so after surviving my first exam out of three, I feel as though I have some relevant tips to impart upon my fellow test-takers! : )

Firstly, know your plan of attack:

If you have an exam before noon (if you're like me, 7:45), make sure you know exactly what you're going to wear. Even this fashionista was bumming it for the exams. So last night I laid out what I was going to wear! Then I proceeded to pack the corresponding purse with the necessary accoutrements needed for the following day's exam. I also knew I would only have time to shower in the morning, so I put absolutely everything that I would need in a pile so all I had to do was shower, dress and run out the door.

Wear what makes you feel good and is comfy:

So for all of you that bum it in jeans and sweats on a day to day basis, I would not advise attempting to get any comfier. However, I don't.

So I started with my favorite sweatshirt and worked from there.
Then I layered with a long sleeve shirt and short sleeve shirt. Jeans next. Loose, forgiving jeans. By that I mean those jeans that will help you forget that you didn't work out this morning. Haa! : )
Then a headband, my favorite mustard Chuck Taylors and a watch that's probably, more than likely 5 minutes ahead of time. Mmm...

Know what you need:

Math majors need formula sheets, philosophy students need those annoyingly small blue book or looseleaf. SF needed an essay, a #2 pencil, a 4 page essay, some sanity, visa card (for buying food, meal plan ran out over a month ago), ID card for getting back in the building and some raisins. Yes raisins. Great source of energy. I remember pulling an all nighter and the next day subsisting on primarily raisins and a few sips of coffee.

Oh I can hear it now. The ringing carouses of individuals admonishing me for my dining choices. No, I do not support unhealthy eating habits however, if you're in a bind, grab some raisins.

I also needed chewing gum to hold me during the exam until I could carb overload after the exam.

Lastly, BREATHE!

I haven't been able to because of an unspeakable respiratory affliction, commonly known as allergies. Allergies or a cold? Hmmm....

Regardless, all best with exam week! Now with my exam at 4! NOOOO!!!!


Untill soon, your very tired and spent and trying to avoid typos,

<3 SF