Friday, January 22, 2010

So, Why the Title?

Well friends, after a pure and uninterrupted 8 months in the DMV (for the noobs that have no idea, it's the D.C. Washington metropolitan area), I've come to experience the world of networking, socializing and playing the "who do you know therefore you're worth my time" game. As a Washington native that was born and raised in the area, name dropping and networking is as important skill as learning to write: you'll survive, but not very well without it. Not that I hadn't experienced the name dropping game until this point, but this time I was in the hot seat. To say the least, just about the only thing that could pull me away is continuing my education here in Blacksburg.

Oh Blacksburg, the tiny Southern town, just a mere shadow in the glow of your neighbor Roanoke. Such prospects are promising. However, the sleepy existence we carry on here is refreshing at times and occasionally a drag. So my friends, as a the pseudo-optimistic creature that I pride myself to be, I have determined to make the best of my circumstances. As a Sophomore here in the goonies, I'm relatively new to the ins and outs of happenings here, especially after my semester away! For cultured, social individuals; what is there to do? Apartment parties? Spare me the boom-box equipped sweat- lodge! What's a girl to do? As my desperate search continues, I'll keep you posted on the social scene as it concerns Fashion, music, networking, socializing and the who's who. Who knew these could exist below the M.D. (Mason-Dixon) Line? : )Let's find out together!

Much love,
<3 SF

(Southern Fashionista)